The Genetics Cognitive Tutor
The Genetics Cognitive Tutor is an intelligent learning environment that supports student problem solving in genetics. The tutor:
- poses complex multi-step problems
- supports rich problem analysis
- provides the individualized help students need to succeed, including:
- step-by-step accuracy feedback
- advice, on request, on the next solution step
The Tutor lesson modules support student problem solving across a wide range of genetics topics: Mendelian transmission, pedigree analysis, gene mapping, gene regulation and population genetics. These intelligent tutor modules have been piloted in genetics courses across a broad range of colleges and universities and have yielded large learning gains.
To learn more about using the Genetics Tutor in your course or to register for an account, visit The Genetics Cognitive Tutor Project.